- Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Accounting & Finance, Compliance/Legal
- Sub Sector:
- Compliance Regulatory, Audit
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Specialist KYC Reporting, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
You will be responsible for implementing the KYC framework and be responsible to embed the processes and controls at Group level. This responsibility includes effectively managing the KYC platform, track and reflect the changes as issued by AML/CFT bodies including QCB , Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and Wolfsberg Group.
Key responsibility of preventing the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal and regulatory sanctions. Along with financial or reputation loss that the Group may incur as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CFT regulations.
- Meet the Global AML/CTF and KYC requirements of the Group by monitoring and conducting KYC reviews as per the Risk Based Approach in place for new and existing customers on timely basis.
- Assist in implementing the framework for identifying the compliance weaknesses and deficiencies in terms of KYC at Group level by monitoring and testing initiatives.
- Oversee the KYC activities with the aim of ensuring complete and proper implementation of QCB regulations and guidelines regarding KYC requirements, including pronouncements/ directives issued by the NAMLC and the FIU.
- Monitor the dashboards of the KYC platform for proper follow up and reporting.
- Identify enhancements to the MIS capabilities of the system and initiate periodic updates and accuracy checks.
- Working efficiently on the Global KYC platform for Monitoring KYC reviews and Risk Assessment.
- Provide support to the business with launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met and covered under the respective policies.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Liaise regularly with clients, compliance, other support functions including internally within the Global Client On-boarding team, due diligence Managers and local Business officers.
- Bachelor degree with ideally a professional qualification such as CCO/ CIA/ CPA.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV