- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Corporate Banking
- Sub Sector:
- Transaction Banking
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
Financial Performance and profitability
- Directly responsible for the cash product P&L within the region, and support as required the origination process. Have clear responsibility over pricing for payments and collections products and management of liabilities.
- Monitor market changes and drive decisions in banks’ favor
- Directly responsible for driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee / interest for the product line.
- Develop jointly with the TB Sales team a local Product & Sales strategy to meet regional objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow
Product Management and Development
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives across the region for the product in conjunction with Country teams and Regional TB Head
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for Cash. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets.
- Should have a good understanding of the latest Capex vs Opex approaches to the buildout of Cash management
- Understand Fintech and the latest approaches to building out and utilizing Cash Management platforms.
- Understand Liquidity/Liabilities Offerings and should be willing to meet clients and take direct ownership to generate a low cost and diversified pockets of liquidity
- Ensuring global training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Voice of the Customer.
- Provide leadership to commercialize global aspirations within region for cash, including working on RFPs and coordinating pricing in the region.
- Responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of Cash
- Provide ongoing support and training to TB sales, CIB, CB, Risk staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
- Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
- Provide strong leadership to the country cash teams to develop and implement the roadmap for the business through rigorous stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Be a lead market advocate for TB for the product line and seen as a subject-matter-expert (SME) in the regional markets participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums. Build strong relationships with key regulators governing product line.
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the team and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organization.
Risk & Governance
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to Cash within the region.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to required committees
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred Chartered Accountant or MBA or equivalent
- Experience in managing cash management in a reputed foreign bank for Middle East countries is desired.
- Interpersonal skills, presentation and negotiation skills, oral and written communications.
- Understanding of the bank operations and regulations at a local and regional level is needed.