- Aston Carter
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Information Technology
- Sub Sector:
- Architecture and design
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
Some of the key duties and responsibilities:
• Manage huge datasets with focus on MySQL NDB cluster and optimization of structure, requests, indices, storage.
• Support benchmarking systems, perform analysis & investigate bottlenecks, proposing solutions to eliminate them where possible
• Manage and resolve complex scalability challenges
• Help keep the platform operational through troubleshooting of data systems and applications
• Set up maintain replication, backups and assist the team to meet availability, scalability and resilience requirements.
Candidates will need:
• Extensive commercial experience in building and managing distributed data infrastructure using open source software
• Relevant technical agree
• Demonstrable professional experience managing data distributed systems infrastructure using open source software in a large-scale environment.
• Technical expertise in installing, fine-tuning and performance optimization of data distributed systems.
• Strong skills with MySQL NDB Cluster
• Strong commercial experience working with Linux/Unix systems within an agile environment
• Hands on experience with as many of the following skills as possible: Storm, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kafka, HBase, ElasticSearch.
Startup experience is preferred, as is knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
This is a great opportunity to take on a challenging role within a small but dynamic company with a bright outlook!
For more information please apply!