- Hays Dubai
- Muscat, Masqat, Oman
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Investment Banking/M&A, Risk Management
- Sub Sector:
- M&A/Corporate Finance, Consulting and Advisory
- Position Type:
- Job Reference:
- Date Added:
A large investment vehicle in Muscat, Oman is currently undergoing a search for a Senior Associate, who has experience with risk management. The organisations specific focus is in the local and international Private Equity and Real Estate Investments
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify risks of prospective private equity, real estate and funds in discussion with the deal team and in consultation with the Director of Risk and Compliance. Ensure such a process is in compliance with the Risk based investment process.
- Run Monte Carlo simulation using Risk solution and provide analysis of the outcome to the Director of Risk and Compliance.
- Prepare risk reports covering risk levels, detailed risks directly related to a given investment and discuss with the deal team the mitigation of such risks as well as evaluation using SGRF defined methodology.
- Monitor risks throughout the life of the investment and regularly review the evolution of risks and mitigations.
- Keeping abreast of any new events/emerging risks that could lead to financial loss, or reputational risk of individual investments.
- Draft investment-specific risks and agreed with the deal team who subsequently presents to the Investment Committee.
- Carry out research, data collection and risk analysis pertaining to investments In close collaboration with the Director and Senior Associate, prepare relevant risk report highlighting private market risks. Such reports are then circulated to the board of directors and the Audit Committee.
- Compile and manage various investment risk registers and other related risk documents.
- Conduct analysis and generate reports as required using the appropriate tools; charts, graphs, spreadsheets, technical reports etc.
- Provide data/analysis to assist in the formulation of portfolio risk assessment for Private Equity.
- Set up processes and timeline for closing action items of all risks both at asset management level both pre and post investment.
- Undertake tasks as and when requested by the Director of Risk and Compliance.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong preference shown to a candidate with CFA III or Masters in Finance or related field
- Must have a Bachelors in Finance or related field
- 8-10 years in similar field of investment
- Ability to use advance spreadsheet
- Knowledge of Palisade Risk solution is preferred
- Used of Nasdaq BWise Risk tool is preferred